The Standard ID card size is referred to by the international standard definition “CR80″. The official size for the most common ID card was codified by the International Organization for Standards (ISO) in the specification document ISO 7810 (Identification Cards-Physical Characteristics). The dimensions were defined as:
• 3.375 inches wide
• 2.125 inches high
The most common card thickness is 0.030 inches (“30 mil”). This size encompasses all financial cards (“credit cards”) and most other common cards which conveniently fit in a wallet or badge-holder.
• Card Dimensions: 3 3/8″ x 2 1/8 (85.6mm x 54mm)
• Card Thickness: 30mil
If you plan to have a slot punch on your card, please allow 3/8″ from the edge to the bottom of the slot punch.
Graphic Elements (logos, shields/emblems, symbols, etc.)
• High resolution .jpg files is the best format to submit card artwork
• Color separation: CMYK
• Minimum resolution must be 300 dpi, but 600 dpi is preferable (at 100%)
• Logos and graphics may be submitted in the following file types: .jpg, .png or .bmp;
.pdf files are generally not acceptable
• Full card artwork dimensions must be either
3 3/8″ x 2 1/8” (with no bleed) or
3 1/2″ x 2 1/4” (with 1/8” bleed) – do not include crop marks
• In pixels, full card dimensions are: 1013px x 638px (at 300 dpi)
• For full-card artwork, separate files should be submitted for front and back
• In addition, to allow our designers to correctly set up the variable data merge parameters, please submit two separate .jpg files:
(1) an example of the final layout, including sample photo, name, and all variable fields, and
(2) just the fixed background, without any variable fields.
• Specific fonts required should specified.